Thursday, May 25, 2006

Big day today

So, today is my birthday and I am turning a big number, you know one of those with a zero at the end of it. The one between 30 and 50 to be exact. So, how does that feel? I'm having a party Sat night so I'm looking forward to that. I think that I am happier right now (knock wood, knock wood) than at any other time in my life so that's good. And then I look on Chapters and lo and behold, there's my book. Can't order it yet but it's there and so yahoo.

My philosophy on birthdays, big or small, has always been that it is better than the alternative. My Mom asked me last weekend what I thought about getting to this big number and I said "thank God I got there". I know friends along the way who did not get here and I know they would have wanted to so, yeah, this feels good, very good in fact and I'll take it with thanks. I say bring on the next forty.

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Robert Hiscock said...

That must be cool, seeing your book on the Chapters site.

Happy belated birthday, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home