Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Little things I love

Christopher has a list of little things he loves and has asked for some from others. His list it great. Here is mine:

From the Simpsons episode where Homer's house is run by a computer much like HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey: " Mmmm, unexplained bacon".

The opening bass riff in Heart's Baraccuda (I saw them at Paradise Rocks a few years ago and in the instant they started this riff, the sky opened up and poured--a really warm rain.It was a brilliant moment).

From Seinfled:
Elaine: "I've yadda yadda'd over sex before. I met this lawyer, we went out, I had the lobster bisque. We went back to my place, yadda yadda yadda, I never saw him again."
Jerry: "You yadda yadda'd over the best part."
Elaine (with a brilliant smarmy look):"No I didn't. I mentioned the bisque."

The slight sound of an inhale at the very beginning of "Long Day" by Matchbox 20.

The use of my favourite word "nonchalant" in the second line of the second verse of Paul Carrack's "When You Walk in the Room".

The amazing one word sentence in Wally Lamb's book, She's Come Undone:
"Told."

The line at the end of the movie "Sleeping with the Enemy" said by Julia Roberts: "come quickly...I've just shot an intruder.”

Speaking of Julia, the line from Steel Magnolias from Olympia Dukakis that had me laughing out loud while tears were still streaming down my face from one of the most heart-wrenching scenes in any movie (IMHO):"Hit this! Go ahead M'Lynn, slap her! "

Speaking of Steel Magnolias:
Clairee: "I've just been to the dedication of the new children's park."
Truvy: "Yeah, how did that go?"
Clairee: "Janice Van Meter got hit with a baseball. It was fabulous."
Truvy: "Was she hurt?"
Clairee: "I doubt it. She got hit in the head."

Okay, this is addictive. I must stop now. Anyone else want to try?

3 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Denise said...

"The slight sound of an inhale at the very beginning of "Long Day" by Matchbox 20."

Me too!! :)

Yadda, yadda, yadda, that's some funny stuff Tina!

Hugs! Denise

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Tina Chaulk said...

Denise! So nice to see you here, all the way from NY. Great pic of you and Jake.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on, got mine up.

http://mind-boggles.blogspot.com/2006/06/little-things.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home