Thursday, June 08, 2006

Web spinning

I have updated my web page to more reflect my writing and me than just my web design (and include an excerpt from the book). It is an uncomfortable thing for me, to be honest, to be all "me, me, me". Anyone who knows me knows it's usually about everyone else but there it is, you have to play the game if you want people to read the book. Plus, I tried to make the website something I would like if I was a reader (which I am, of course, a voracious one). I like to know as much about a writer as possible and read lots of books about writers, their habits, how they come up with their ideas, etc. That is what I want to include in this blog too.

And the last few days have been interesting on the blog front too. Both RJ and Helmut were kind enough to talk about my blog and my book on their blogs and I think Helmut became the first person to order my book. That has been both very exciting and slightly scary since, as I said, I'm not too comfortable with the focus on me. It also means people will soon be reading the book and that is a bit scary too. Will people like it? Hate it? Or even worse, I think, feel nothing about it? Of course, the answer is all of them. Everyone is different with different tastes, likes and dislikes so the chances of everyone liking a book are zero. Just go to Amazon or Chapters and check out reviews of very popular books and you'll find people who thought it was the best book ever and others who thought it wasn't fit to read. I already got what I think is the best review I could get about my book from one of my friends, a reader of my manuscript, who told me "I cannot wait to share this book". That's all I could ever ask for.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read the book and I know everyone has a different opinion but the fact that you are published is a great accomplishment. Congratulations!

Marg C.
marg@mun.ca

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Tina Chaulk said...

Thanks, Margie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home