Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Newfoundland Herald and WANL

Valerie Kent at the Newfoundland Herald did a lovely little article about my book (with a bit about me). It is the July 9-15 one with Craig Sharpe on the cover. I found that really exciting since I've read that magazine for more years than I care to remember. Very surreal. Then I received a copy of WANL's newsletter WORD and there was more about my book and also an article I wrote about writers on the web. Pretty cool to get two magazines delivered on the same day that had my book in it.

If you are a writer, even a closet one not ready to admit you're one yet, you should look into WANL (Writers' Alliance of Newfoundland and Labrador). The great WORD newsletter, with lots of information about writing and the literary scene in NL, is just one benefit of membership. They also have an online meeting place for members only and an annual general meeting that includes workshops and mingling with other writers. Go ahead, come out of the writing closet and join up.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger TrudyJ said...

Well, now I have an excuse to buy this week's Herald that doesn't involve having Canadian Idol on the cover!

Liked your piece in the WORD ... I was so pleased that you included my site, and so annoyed with myself for not keeping my WANL info up to date, because it would have been much better if my membership link had included my domain name (trudyjmorgancole.com or hypergraffiti.com) rather than the long unwieldy URL that you had to use in the article. Oh well, it was great to get the mention anyway.

Looking forward to reading the bit in the Herald about you & your book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home