Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Book launch this evening

My dad always says "time will pass", meaning that when you are afraid of something or not sure how you will get through something, time will pass. Six months from now what seems like a horrible task will be forgotten. 72 hours from now the dentist appointment will be over, etc. I use it now too and I've been telling myself that 12 hours from now, my book launch will be over. That is the fearful, neurotic part of me.

The logical, sane part of me is saying "what in the name of God are you getting on with? Seriously, you have a book launch. A book to launch! Your dream come true. Something you really never thought would happen. Now, get down on you knees and thank whatever higher power you believe in for this chance and live it up! Be grateful. Don't wish it by. Enjoy every single second of it!"

They will duke it out: my two bickering sides, but in the end, I hope I will really relish this amazing thing in my life. And, well, if I don't...time will pass.

Hope to see you there.

5 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger TrudyJ said...

Time will pass, and hopefully leave you with a wonderful evening to remember.

I have your book, and my bells, packed in my purse and ready to go!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Robert Hiscock said...

Have fun! Wish I could be there.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Tina Chaulk said...

Thanks, Trudy. Looking forward to meeting you in person. And RJ, I wish you could be there too. The question is...would you be wearing bells?

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was lovely to meet you, as well as Christine and Trudy.

I hope you did not let it pass without absorbing it all.

Congratulations, you deserve it.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Christine Hennebury (isekhmet/Smartmouth Mombie) said...

Your reading was great, our mini-convention of bloggers was great, it was all good.

Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home