Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Nissan Bonavista Commercial Transcript

Beyond the debate about the accent of the actor in Nissan's Bonavista commercial, and the subtitles to explain what he is saying, there is also the question of what the guy is saying. There is a line in there that I cannot figure out. I am from Notre Dame Bay and I have a Newfoundland accent (a real one, not an over-the-top, fake one done by an actor from Cape Breton), but I don't have a clue what he is saying. The line is: "If that don't put a ...'Gus in your spinaker'???...I don't know what would" (subtitles: "It's cool"). I looked for a transcript online but could not find one. Could someone tell me what he says?

Also, Adpunch has featured Nissan's controversial commercial but there are no comments about their discussion of it (unlike at RJ's where there are close to 100).

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger TrudyJ said...

I think it's "if that don't put a gust in your spinnaker..." Which is kind of like ... what ... wind in your sails? Don't ask me, I'm a hardcore townie.

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nissan X-Trail - Bonavista Transcript

How's ya gettin on me son?
She was born a bred back home, eh.
She’s called the Nissan X-trail Bonavista
Take a gander at that Pana roof buddy
If that don't put a gust in your spinnaker, I don't know what would
and look at the wheels on her rite,
she gots enough alloy on her to fill a bucket.
She's got the climate control on h'inside is case you gots the mudder-in-law along wit ya,
ya gotta haul and wash her at all, ya got a washable floorboard in the back.
Like me mudder always said, she said, you got a single line you can have two hooks.

I'll take it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home