Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A bit of news about me

And really, is there ever enough of that on this blog? I mean, even I'm getting sick of hearing about me and my stuff. When I started this blog, I wanted it to be a bit about promotion for my novel, some about writing in general, and some ranting and talking about other things like news and stuff. Of late, it has been a lot about promotion, simply because I have been doing a lot of it. And yahoo for that. Don't worry, I'm sure that after Christmas, when no one buys books, I will be back to complaining about things and waxing philospohical about things not philosophical. Anyway, back to my news.

It was just about two years ago when Maura Hanrahan was at a Memorial Writes event, telling me I should join the Writers' Alliance of Newfoundland and Labrador. She was very persuasive and I eventually did join and last year became a member of WANL's Membership Committee. Well, last week I was contacted to let me know that my name had been put forth and they would like me to become a member of the board. Now, I have never been asked to be on the board of anything, let alone something as cool as WANL, so, of course, I accepted. So I am pleased to say that,as of the AGM this weekend, I am a member of the Board of Directors of WANL. I look forward to the task.

News item number two is also related to my previous story about Maura telling me to join WANL. Remember how it was at the Memorial Writes Bookfair? Well, I have been invited to the event this year and will serve on a panel called "Become" A Writer, along with Paul Butler and Shannon Sullivan. Another writer there to meet since I have not met Shannon yet but he and I share a mutual friend in Cathy M. so I have heard lots of good stuff about him. Please come and join in the book fair, maybe meet some writers and buy a book.

3 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Robert Hiscock said...

That's cool -- congrats.

 
At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to meeting you there too, Tina. For that matter, I'm looking forward to the whole event, especially our panel discussion. It should be a lot of fun.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger TrudyJ said...

Tina, I don't think I've ever seen something with such a positive attitude towards being on the board of something! You rock!

Look forward to seeing you Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home