Friday, November 17, 2006

Promotion promotion promotion

First I have to update you on the book signing in Gander. At The Book Worm I signed lots of books and got to meet Brad and Lillian who own the store. They are truly nice people and I enjoyed all the time there, even though I still wasn't feeling 100%. I got to see some people from home and some relatives who came by. My nephew was in Gander on a field trip from school so he and his dad and mom (by brother and sister-in-law) gave me a wonderful surprise by showing up with Tim Hortons coffee for me. I signed their book as my nephew stood next to me and my brother took a picture. My nephew was so excited to be there and even bought me a little ribbon that said Congratulations. It was very special. I also got to meet RJ who dropped by to get his book signed. Is it possible, you may wonder, if he could be even more sweet and kind in person? Yup. He is such a nice guy and very soft spoken, or maybe that was just the ear infections blocking me from hearing him. We had a great chat but on my next pass through Gander I think a coffee and longer chat will be in order.

Now onto upcoming things. There are two things I want to tell you about that are coming up on this Sunday, the 19th. I will be signing copies of this much is true from 12:30 to 2:30 at the Fine Craft and Design Fair being held at the Mile One Convention Centre so if you're there, please drop by and say hi. Lots of people are buying this much is true as Christmas presents for those living here, for those away from home and those leaving home (I've been told by a few people that they have given it as a going away present) so a signed copy would be extra special.

Also on Sunday, there is a free Family Fun Day called Reading for the Creatures. Join Jesperson Publishing and Heavenly Creatures onboard the Nouvelle Orleans riverboat at Pier 7 from 12 noon to 4 p.m. Prizes, children's book readings, face painting and guided tours of the ship! This event will help raise funds for Heavenly Creatures' Guardian Angel Program to help homeless animals. Jesperson Publishing will donate a portion of sales from its newly published book Why Do Dogs Sniff Bottoms. Meet guest characters, local celebrities and some furry friends from Heavenly Creatures! All are welcome to this free public event for a great cause and the event will take place rain or shine.

So there, sounds like Sunday will be a busy and fun day.

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Robert Hiscock said...

I enjoyed our chat too. It's great to meet other bloggers face-to-face... and coffee'd be great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home