Monday, February 05, 2007

Ambrose Price in the Design Superstar Challenge

Newfoundlander Ambrose Price is a contestant on HGTV's Design Superstar Challenge. Ambrose grew up in Fortune and makes his home in St. John's now. I first heard about his appearance on the designing challenge when Anne Budgell interviewed him after he had been picked for the show, then again after the taping of his show had wrapped. I loved listening to him talk about his adventures on the show. He seemed so proud of his accomplishments and kind of surprised about it, yet he had a real confidence that came through. You can hear the interviews on Radio Noon's archive site. The first one is here (11 minutes in) and the follow-up here (23 minutes in).

Ambrose said the judges thought he was a breath of fresh air and, based on what I have heard, I have to agree. The show airs on HGTV on Mondays and can be seen tonight at 11:30PM (and February 6 at 2:30AM and 5:30AM, February 10 at 10:30PM, and February 11 at 3:30PM--I think they are all repeats of the same show but HGTV's website is not very forthcoming about it all--all times are Newfoundland Standard Time). I believe that later on the audience will get to vote online so maybe you might want to watch so we can start a new NL voting craze. From the interview, it sounds like he went far with the judges.

Go Ambrose!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank ya, thank ya. I didn't want to forget that.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger BOB said...

YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB AMBROSE KEEP IT UP.WE ARE LUCKEY TO GET HGTV HEAR IN HALIFAX, FINELY SOMEONE TO GIVE FORTUNE A GOOD NAME,ITS GOOD TO SEE SOMEONE DOING GOOD FOR THEMSELF.OUR HEARTS AND BIG WISHS FOR YOU MY FRIEND.
ALL THE BEST,
ROBERT&VANESSA
FORSEY.

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i am so happy to say that you are my superstar. i saw you on tv and i got excited. you are my star and im glad to call you my uncle.
xoxo

 
At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like, no offense to you people but who are you guys talking to? This is someone else's blog talking about Ambrose....Good grief man, if you know the guy or are his friend or anything....JUST CALL HIM! EMAIL HIM OR SOMETHING! Just to show that people nowadays still haven't the foggiest concerning the online community....especially people from southern newfoundland

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that the HGTV Canada network has reduced itself to such poor taste. What happened to informative programming with consummate hosts such as Kathy Renwald, Kimberley Seldon, Haig Seferian to name a few. Their expertise is undeniable. Ambrose Price has nothing to offer. I find him to be quite obnoxious and annoying. He's supposedly the new Martha Stewart? What an insult to Martha!

 
At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the "Decorating Adventures with Ambrose Price" is a great show. I think he is genuine and I love his sense of humor!!

Your doing a great job and I look forward to many more episodes!! I think you should come to Vancouver for a West Coast perspective!!

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are doing a wonderful job ambrose, keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home