Sunday, February 04, 2007

Eating Vegetables

Neil Gaiman had the best quote: "If writing fiction is dessert, then copy-editing is eating all your vegetables. Blogging is snacking between meals."

I am trying to be a good girl and eat my vegetables, I really am. Commas=brussel sprouts; periods=potatoes (they're pretty easy to get down); dialogue="carrots"; em dashes="turnips"; quotation marks=peppers of any colour; and italics/underlining=asparagus.

Just a little blog snack now and I'll get right back to it. Honestly.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the opposite. First draft is stillkeyed hell. Like the old remedy for tapeworm, swallow fatback, catch the parasite, haul it out. Grimace and gag. Revisions and editing: love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home