Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I love/hate Musicovery

You must, must, must go to Musicovery and become addicted like I did and sit in front of your computer in the same clothes for two days while your child screams "no more music!" (I'm kidding Mom, Sam is fine and happy and I have indeed changed my clothes, this is more a figurative description of how hooked I am on this wonderful, cursed thing).

You just go to the page, click on a mood and wait to see a bunch of music you can play right then and there. You can move around the branches listening to different music, based on the mood you're in. It's the variety that is the wonderful/hideous thing. It keeps you there, clicking and listening because there are songs you have never heard before or ones you forgot and now have remembered how much you liked them at one time or another. I mean I have a screen up now that has, to name a few, Prince, Seal, Van Morrison, Lenny Kravitz, and Lynn Anderson's Rose Garden, another had Coldplay, U2, The Clash, Chris Isaak, and 50 Cent.

If you love music and have moods, got to Musicovery and don't get mad at me when you look up and three hours have gone by, you've missed an important appointment, and your kids have drawn a crayon mural on your wall (no, Mom, Sam didn't do that either).

Via Adam Fire Fist

5 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is.. WOW.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger John Gushue said...

Hi Tina -

I wrote about Musicovery in my column last week; I posted it to my blog yesterday. You might be interested in it:
http://johngushue.typepad.com/blog/2007/03/music_for_when_.html
Cheers!
John Gushue

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Tina Chaulk said...

Sorry about missing that John. I read your blog daily but sometimes I leave longer entries, like the Surf's Up columns, for when I have more time so I hadn't gotten around to it yet.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Cam @ArcadiaTrails said...

Uh-oh. I didn't need to know about this! Now I do, and I'm in dangerous territory. I only wish they had an indie category.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I hate it... it only plays a few songs and stops out of the blue! Someday it just gave me an wrong name of song, can you imagine if I had spent money buying an wrong tune? Boring... sad, very sad. Also I've found a lot of bugs in its interface, boring, boring, boring... you know what? Grooveshark's autoplay stills the best choice to discover music!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home